Do you see a screen that is similar to the one below? (bluetooth logo inside the button)
Cowboy 3 owners: if you need to ride soon, please note that you can turn on your bike without the app via the Manual Unlock feature. With a turn of the key, take out the battery and push it back within 20 seconds to kickstart the engine.
To fix connection issues for all Cowboy models, we’ve prepared a step-by-step checklist to guide you through the process of reconnecting to your bike.
- First of all, make sure you’re running the latest version of the Cowboy app. Go to the App Store and update your app if a new release is available.
- Make sure you are within 30m of your bike.
- Switch your phone’s Bluetooth off and on again.
- Force quit the app and open it again.
- Make sure you are not already connected to your bike on another device. If you find that you are, then disable Bluetooth on the first device to free up the connection for the second one.
- Go in your settings, tap Bluetooth and click on the information icon next to COWBOY to remove it from your devices. Open the app and enter the prompted Bluetooth passkey.
- Completely shut down your phone and restart it.
- Take the battery out of the bike and put it to charge. The LED light on the charger should turn red at first and then either stay red or turn green. Reinsert the battery, let it sit in the bike a few moments (while it charges the communication module) and then try to connect again.
- Try to turn off other Bluetooth devices connected to your phone (for example an Apple watch or Bluetooth speaker).
Should the issue persists, please contact your Cowboy team through the app chat. We are happy to help you.